If your family is anything like ours, finding new, kid-approved recipes is near impossible while keeping it semi-healthy. We recently introduced a new twist on a cheap household favorite that allowed this pregnant mama to keep blood sugar under control, while still allowing the kids to enjoy something they love!
This recipe calls for 5 ingredients and it’s super simple to make, with no time at all!
– 2lbs Ground Beef (We use HEB brand, grass fed lean beef!)
– 3-6 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
– 1 Large Tomato
– Flour or Corn Tortillas (This is for the kids’ tacos)
– Shredded Cheese
– 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning (We like to make our own taco seasoning, but to save time, you can get pre-mixed packets at HEB as well!)
- Wash all produce well. We like to use the Thieves Fruit & Veggie Wash, which you can get here.
- Brown ground beef well done in a large pan.
- While meat is cooking, dice tomato into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks and cut the hard ends from the romaine lettuce. Set aside for later.
- Once beef is fully cooked, add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Prepare your tacos to your liking! In our home, adults get lettuce wraps with beef and cheese, topped with tomatoes, and kids get tortillas with beef and cheese, tomatoes on the side.
We LOVE this simple and quick recipe for a last minute dinner option we know the kids enjoy. We even have days when the kids request lettuce wraps instead of tortillas! You can also add avocado, onions, peppers, and salsas to your tacos to make them your own. This is what our family prefers and typically has on hand, so this is our go-to recipe! Happy Eating!